Business Analytics project – Python
You’ve heard about Data? It’s everywhere – hard to miss really. And if you own a business, or are working at a company that is beginning to talk about the need to analyze better the data they store, then why not jump right into it and learn how to stay on top of the game.
Simply put, raw data is of limited value until it is transformed into information that can guide decision making (HBR, 2017).
It will only take you 30 minutes of browsing to get an idea of how companies innovate their strategy using data. Need somewhere to start? Browse the following:
1) How Netflix was able to invest 85 million euro for two seasons of The Game of Thrones and receive a return of investment in just the first quarter of 2013;
2) How UPS reduced their carbon emission by 100,000 metric tons (equivalent to the emissions of 21,413 passenger vehicles driving for a year);
3) How Patagonia was able to triple their profit since 2008, closing 2015 with $750 million in profits.
Business Analytics project – Course outline
In 20 hours, you can achieve basic understanding of:
- Programming in Python (click here if you want to compare it to other languages).
- The most common analytics packages: NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Plotly.
- How to use Jupyter notebooks to support you through your analysis.
This course will give you the opportunity to:
- Brush up on statistics.
- Work to solve a problem relying on data.
- Translate data into information to address your findings and proposed solutions.
- Start building your portfolio.
- Be part of conversations about the ethical implications of using big data to conduct an analysis.
For women by women
This course is for women and women-identified.
Women willing to increase their knowledge in Data Management and Processing and start up a new career in and Business Analytics or Data Science.
According to this report made by Infojobs and ESADE, the average salary in Spain for a Business Analyst is at 35,864 euro and 40.336 euros for a Data Scientist.
Business Analytics project – Female Expert
This course will be conducted by Violeta Mezeklieva.
Violeta has a wide experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and as a Coach.
She has a multidisciplinary background from which she is continuously learning and transfering knowledge to the projects she gets involved in.
She currently works as a Data Science & Machine Learning mentor coaching individuals to become professionals. Her methodology follows a learn-by-doing approach putting students’ interest as the main driver for their learning process. She is always looking for the best resources and tutorials to incentivize their learning.
In her own words: “I learnt how to do this project so I can help you learn how to do it your way”.
Where & When
The price for this course is 375€ (VAT included).
This is a 20-hour specialization course.
At MOB I Makers of Barcelona (Bailèn, 11 08010 Barcelona).